What happened this morning was rather funny.
I decided to drop by
Old Town for breakfast - as I reached Cyberjaya pretty early. Then walked in a
bule who sat at the table right across me. He smiled. So being friendly - I smiled back.
Then out of the blue - he walked over, pulled the chair and conveniently sat in front of me.
Like wtf? But fortunately he's a great conversationalist with a lot of interesting topics to share. He's originally from Germany; but has been living here since a few years. Oh. And he works nearby at
BMW.
Typical.
I asked him if he likes Malaysia. He said he misses home sometimes but generally, he
loves Malaysia.
I had to leave while he was still eating. He shoved his business card into my hand.
... And asked if he can see me again.
----------Last night was fun.
Jake (the intern from
Georgetown) invited me out. So we met up and joined the rest of the UNHCR interns at Tarbush. They're a friendly bunch. There was a guy from
Columbia, a Chinese girl from
NYU, an Indian girl from
American Uni, Jake's course mate in Georgetown and an Austrian girl who studies in England.
I had great conversation with Julie (the Chinese girl) and Heidi (the Austrian). The guy from Columbia, Nathan, is also at the moment studying Malay - so the whole evening he was busy asking me to translate some sentences.
And yesterday: I tried smoking shisha for the first time :)Another one of Jake's friend came to join us. Apparently they met in the train from somewhere and became friends. I think he's from Munich or somewhere - wasn't playing too much attention as I was busy enjoying shisha ;)
Ann came to join us shortly after.
After the rest left; Jake dragged us (me, Ann and Philip) to an Iranian restaurant next to Finnegan's. Ann and I spent the whole time bitching/gossipping about the girls I mentioned to her on Facebook - I totally
forgot she knew them. Lol.
Ann accidentally mentioned something silly ;)
Philip turned out to be working for Lufthansa.
As a pilot. The we started talking about aviation - I told him I'd love to get my CPL. He said I'm being so technical - that I'm the first girl he met who is so into this
men-conquered industry.
I think he is rather impressed too.
He invited me to join him and Jake for a drink. But unfortunately I had to work today. And it is a pity he's not flying home from KUL :(
----------I sent my partner a text with good intention. But guess what. He said it is better if we go our separate ways. He said that'll give me a chance to be with someone else (i.e. Rick).
Like wtf la kan.
When it comes to this kind of things - he's always the one making the decision. Never once bother about how I might feel. Ugh.
But whatever. That screwed up my fun night.
If I were to write things about him; it will take me days. But at the moment I prefer not to talk about him.